Below you'll find links to a variety of resources and community-oriented sites for caregivers, survivors, and families.
For more information about Support Groups, see our TBI Support Groups page
Comprehensive Information About TBI
Survivor and Family Sites
Discussion, Chat, and Listserve Sites
Organizations (United States)
- Empowering Caregivers - organization whose mission is to provide assistance; education, support, referrals and respite for informal family caregivers, as well as to promote public awareness about the realities of those who care for loved ones.
- Family Caregiver Alliance - a public voice for caregivers, illuminating the daily challenges they face, offering them the assistance they so desperately need and deserve, and championing their cause through education, services, research and advocacy.
- National Family Caregivers Association - educates, supports, empowers and speaks up for the more than 50 million Americans who care for loved ones with a chronic illness or disability or the frailties of old age.
- National Fathers Network - organization whose mission is to celebrate and support fathers and families raising children with special health care needs and developmental disabilities.
- Orange Caregiver Resource Center - The Caregiver Resource Center is a trusted partner for Orange County families who are coping with the physical, emotional, and financial responsibilities of caregiving.
- Today's Caregiver Magazine - Caregiver Media Group is a leading provider of information, support and guidance for family and professional caregivers.
- Well Spouse Foundation - organization focusing exclusively on the needs of all spouses caring for a chronically ill and/or disabled husband, wife, or partner.
Organizations (International - Outside U.S. and Canada)
- North American Brain Injury Society (NABIS) - society comprised of professional members involved in the care or issues surrounding brain injury. The principal mission of the organization is moving brain injury science into practice.
- TBI Support Group Links
- Brain Injury Association of America - the leading national organization serving and representing individuals, families and professionals who are touched by a life-altering, often devastating, traumatic brain injury (TBI). Together with its network of more than 40 chartered state affiliates, as well as hundreds of local chapters and support groups across the country, the BIAA provides information, education and support to assist the 5.3 million Americans currently living with traumatic brain injury and their families.
- Brain Injury Association of America - State Offices - If you live in any of the states listed, contact the office in your home state.
- Brain Injury / Brain Tumor / Coma - list of related organizations, provided by MSN.com.
- TeAch-nology - List of Brain Injury Support Groups
- Brain Trauma Foundation - dedicated to improving the outcome of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) patients by developing best practice guidelines, conducting clinical research and educating medical personnel.
- ABI/TBI Caregivers Support Group (Ansonia, CT)
- Brain Injury Resource Center / Head Injury Hotline - offers consultations, research assistance, case management services, legal services, and in-service training. Our clientele include individuals with brain injuries and their families, government officials, agency heads, educators, medical and legal professionals, social workers.
- The International Brain Injury Association (IBIA) - dedicated to the development and support of multidisciplinary medical and clinical professionals, advocates, policy makers, consumers and others who work to improve outcomes and opportunities for persons with brain injury.
- Mouth Magazine: Dedicated to disability rights & discrimination issues
- RightHealth - Collection of information and resources related to TBI.
- How to Find Support Groups for Caregivers Who's Spouses Have Severe Tramatic Brain Injuries
- The Perspectives Network- focuses on positive communication between persons with brain injury, family members/ caregivers/friends of persons with brain injury, those many professionals who treat persons with brain injury and community members in order to create positive changes and enhance public awareness and knowledge of acquired/traumatic brain injury.
- TBI Support Fund
- Traumatic Brain Injury by bjscloset - educating those with a brain injury, their family, friends, doctors and therapists who are linked to them.
- Whiplash Injury Protection and Neck Pain Relief