Mission of SCR
The mission of The Society for Cognitive Rehabilitation (SCR) is to:
- Assist professionals across disciplines (e.g. counseling, education, medicine, neuropsychology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, recreation therapy, social work, special education, and speech-language pathology) to meet the cognitive rehabilitation therapy needs of consumers around the world
- Promote interdisciplinary dialogue among these different professions, engaged directly or indirectly in the practice of cognitive rehabilitation toward the creation of consensus, endorsed by those professions.
- Promote evidence-based practices, outcome oriented research and competency-based education in cognitive rehabilitation therapy
- Establish guidelines, requirements and procedures for certification of cognitive rehabilitation providers
- Issue Certifications in the provision of cognitive rehabilitation therapy (CPCRT)